Kitchen Under $50,000 1
An Inviting Updated Kitchen
Designed by Klaudia H. Spivey, CMKBD, IIDA, Design Times Inc., Denver, CO.
Initial Budget: $45,000 to $50,000.
Final Cost: $48,972. To stay within the budget range, the designer used the existing dishwasher and microwave and suggested refinishing rather than replacing the existing floor.
- Create a more inviting kitchen that would interact well with the rest of the home.
- Replace appliances and cabinets.
- Select cabinetry with increased efficiency and storage capabilities.
- Make the kitchen more aesthetically pleasing.
- Include a desk area.
- Improve lighting.
- Incorporate wine storage.
- Created a more open flow by removing part of an existing wall that separated the kitchen and dining room.
- Moved the cooking appliances, allowing for more countertop and storage space by the open bar area.
- Specified a refrigerator model that would not dominate the room.
- Added a combination of general lighting (ceiling cans), task lighting (undercabinet lighting), and decorative lighting (three pendants over the sink).
- Incorporated a wine cooler.
Cabinets: Custom frameless alder cabinets with beaded Shaker doors. Accessories: Pullout trash and recycling center, appliance garage, tray dividers, tilt-out sink tray, lazy Susan and black mirrored knobs.
Appliances: Jenn-Air refrigerator, U-Line wine cooler, Whirlpool convection oven and Jenn-Air cooktop. Existing dishwasher and microwave
Countertops: 12-inch by12-inch Ghibli granite tiles
Backsplash: 4-inch by 4-inch Rosso Verona tumbled stone field tiles and Crossville Tumbled Naturals Geo-Square border tiles
Flooring: Refinished existing floor
Sink: Elkay stainless steel sink
Faucet: Price Pfister chrome faucet
Water purifier: Water Inc.