Sinks and Faucets
To help focus your selection process, ask yourself the following questions.
You can print out the questionnaire and refer to it as you read through the site and while visiting a designer’s showroom.
- Do I plan to wash or just rinse dishes in the sink?
- Do I want to set a cutting board across the sink for chopping vegetables?
- Do I need two sinks—a main one and another for prep work or entertaining?
- Where would a sink, or sinks, be most conveniently placed for my cooking needs?
- How will my countertop material affect my choice of sink material?
- Which installation method do I prefer—self-rimming, undermounted, or integral?
- Do I prefer a stainless steel or a colored sink?
- Do I prefer a single, double, or triple bowl?
- Do I want a faucet high enough for me to fill tall pots?
- Do I need one by the stove for easy access while I’m cooking?
- How will it be attached to the sink, countertop, or wall?
- Do I want it to filter my water?
- Do I need a spray on the faucet?
- What kind of handle style do I like? Do I prefer single, lever, or dual controls? Curved or straight lines?